Unbridled Prayer Room
Located inside King’s Church of Lexington
301 Harvard Drive,
Lexington, KY 40390
Inspired by David’s tabernacle (1 Chr. 23:5; 25:7), where singers and musicians were employed as their full-time occupation to minister to the Lord and serve the community, the Unbridled Prayer Room (UPR) seeks to to minister to the Lord night and day with worship and prayer.
Scripture teaches that night-and-day prayer is deeply connected to the fullness of God’s power and purpose being released (Lk. 18:7–8; cf. Isa. 62:6–7). We are offering Jesus unceasing worship, while contending for justice and for the power of the Holy Spirit to be manifest and bring transformation in every sphere of society.
Our format is based on the heavenly picture that we see in Revelation 5, which speaks of the harp and the bowl – worship and prayer integrated together. We follow this format in the following ways: Worship with the Word, Intercession, Prophetic Worship, and Devotional Worship.
“Zeal for your house consumes me…”
Fridays, 8-10 a.m.
Format: Devotional / Worship with the Word
Fridays, Noon- 2 p.m.
Format: Devotional / Worship with the Word
Fridays, 6 – 8 p.m.
It is our joy to serve the Body of Christ in central Kentucky. UPR is governed from the principle of love and endeavor to exercise our Christian freedom in restraint for the good of others. As such, we limit the extent of personal freedoms in the prayer room so that everyone can experience the power and joy of prayer and worship. We ask that you would honor these guidelines, so that together we would honor the Lord and each other.
The Unbridled Prayer Room is a structured atmosphere that promotes unceasing prayer and worship. Our model is ‘harp and bowl’, which combines music and intercession in a unified flow of ministry towards God’s heart.
The Prayer Room is guided by Worship Leaders and Prayer Leaders, who facilitate an orderly flow of music, intercession, prayer and ministry. At times there will be an entire worship team ministering, at other times there will be a single individual leading worship and prayer. You are welcome to bring your computer or Bible and engage in personal worship or study at your leisure. Free WI-FI is available. Prayer meetings typically take place in 1-2 hour segments, with teams changing at the top of the hour.
The Unbridled Prayer Room utilizes the following prayer meeting formats:
- Intercession: in this format, we use biblical prayers or promises – from Jesus, the apostles, or the Old Testament prophets. We intercede for revival in our city, state and nation, or focus on a particular theme or issue.
- Devotional: this format provides an atmosphere where people can encounter the presence of the Lord in an intimate, ‘soaking’ time. facilitaed by the Worship Leader and musicians.
- Worship with the Word: this format utilizes Scripture as the basis for prayer and worship. Through this format, we grow in our understanding of God’s Word.
- In order to maintain an atmosphere of prayer, please refrain from all conversations in the prayer room.
- Personal volume should not exceed the platform volume. When singing or praying, limit your volume so that it does not become a distraction to those around you.
- No food in the prayer room. Drinks should be in a lidded container.
- When praying for the sick or doing any type of ministry that is initiated from the platform, we encourage you to stand in front of the person you are praying for.
- Please lay your hands only on their shoulders, arms, or head, and keep your hands still (no rubbing, please).
- For safety reasons, do not use any implements or props in worship (i.e. sticks, swords).
- Please do not play any musical instruments in the room (e.g. tambourines, shofars).
- Bare feet are not permitted in the prayer room. Please keep your shoes on at all times.
- Do not put your feet on the chairs, including on the backs of the chairs.
- No running in the prayer room.
- Please do not leave your belongings unattended for more than 30 minutes.
- Do not lie down on the chairs.
- Parents, keep your children with you at all times in the prayer room.
- You are free to use your computer or cell phone for private study. We ask that you refrain from listening to music in headphones.
- Do not talk on your cell phone in the prayer room. Please silence your phone and any other electronic devices.
- Those wishing to do video recording need to have permission from UPR leadership.
We encourage all members of the Body of Christ to take your place ‘on the wall’ as an intercessor and worshipper in the Prayer Room. All are welcome to come and join in this ministry to the Lord.
For those desiring to serve as a Worship Leader, Prayer Leader, singer or musician, completion of the “Harp & Bowl Intensive” workshop – or the internship program – is required.